Location: Dorset, UK
Start: 5pm Friday 15th May 2020
Finish: Approx. 5pm Sunday 17th May 2020
Buy Event Tickets!
Our 2 day bikepacking, gravel grinding, beer swilling festival – Brother in the Wild – will return to the UK in 2020. It’s Brother’s 10th birthday next year so you can expect an extra special event!
The event will take place on the Isle of Purbeck, a peninsula in Dorset filled with forests, dramatic cliffs, beaches and endless gravel tracks. Riders will set up camp in the heart of a nature reserve and spend 2 days exploring the gravel trails, country lanes and single track that link up across the region. The routes will dip in and out of local towns with a number of pubs, cafes and wild swim spots along the way.
As with previous years this event is as much about time off the bike as on – as such you can expect some great partner brands, campfires, good food and local beers back in camp. This year we’re also going to put on some live music, demo-bike test rides, inspiring fireside talks and even a couple of film screenings to keep you entertained throughout the weekend. Check out the photo journal from last year for an idea of what to expect…
- The new and improved Saturday and Sunday routes will be between 30 and 50 miles each
- There will be options to cut routes short for those that want an easier day
- Riders can also attempt the new ‘Woods WTF Route’ – a seriously challenging 60 mile ride
- The routes are mostly off-road – we therefore recommend using a bike with 33c tyres or larger
- Some parts are particularly rough. Those with gravel/mountain bikes can ride these however anyone on thinner tyres may have to hike-a-bike some sections – we’ll also provide alternative tarmac routes
- Most importantly this is a social ride and not a race, so ride as much or as little of the routes as you want
- Ticket holders will be given the exact location nearer the event date – nearest train station is Wareham
- Bring full camping kit as if you were out in the wild
- Hot food and refreshments available from Friday night to Sunday morning – not included in ticket price
- A selection of partner brands will also be set up in camp – more info nearer the event
- We encourage guests to travel to the event by bike, however there is limited parking at the campsite available on a first come first served basis
- Please note: campervan tickets are now completely sold out!
Included with your ticket:
- 2 nights camping – the campsite opens at 5pm on Friday 15th May
- GPX routes for Saturday and Sunday rides
- 1 x welcome beer or non-alcoholic drink
- Brother in the Wild event patch
- Welcome goodies from partner brands
- Limited edition 10th birthday ‘Brother in the Wild’ t-shirt – £15 with ticket purchase