Location: Dorset, UK
Start: 5pm Friday 10th September 2021
Finish: Approx. 5pm Sunday 12th September 2021
Please note that this event is now sold out. Sorry if you missed out on tickets this time – we’ll be running a couple of competitions to win tickets over the next few months so keep an eye on our Instagram.
Our 2 day bikepacking, gravel grinding, beer swilling festival – Brother in the Wild – will return to the UK in 2021.
The event will take place on the Isle of Purbeck, a peninsula in Dorset filled with forests, dramatic cliffs, beaches and endless gravel tracks. Riders will set up camp in the heart of a nature reserve and spend 2 days exploring the gravel trails, country lanes and single track that link up across the region. The routes will dip in and out of local towns with a number of pubs, cafes and wild swim spots along the way.
As with previous years this event is as much about time off the bike as on, so you can expect campfires, delicious food and local beers back in camp. With music, demo-bike rides, inspiring fireside talks and even a couple of film screenings to keep you entertained throughout the weekend. For a little inspiration check out the recap of the 2020 event that went up on bikepacking.com >> here <<
We’re happy to welcome komoot onboard again as our navigational partner for Brother in the Wild 2021. For some further inspiration take a look at our 2020 ‘Finisher’s Collection’ on komoot to view some rides, highlights and photos from the event:
Routes & Kit:
- The new and improved Saturday and Sunday routes will be between 30 and 50 miles each
- Riders can also attempt the new ‘Woods WTF Route’ – a seriously challenging 60 mile ride
- The routes are mostly off-road – we therefore recommend using a bike with 38mm tyres or larger
- Some sections are particularly rough, so depending on your bike and ability you may have to hike-a-bike these parts. We’ll also provide alternative tarmac routes
- The routes do not pass any bike shops so make sure you pack adequate tools and spares to be self sufficient whilst riding
- Most importantly this is a social ride and not a race, so ride as much or as little of the routes as you want
- Ticket holders will be given the exact location nearer the event date – nearest train station is Wareham
- Bring full camping kit as if you were out in the wild
- Drinking water, toilets and hot showers are available in camp
- Hot food and refreshments available from Friday night to Sunday morning – not included in ticket price
- We encourage guests to travel to the event by bike, however there is limited parking at the campsite available on a first come first served basis
- There are a limited number of campervan tickets available below – please note all guests staying in a campervan must also purchase their own event ticket
Included with your ticket:
- 2 nights camping – the campsite opens at 5pm on Friday 14th May
- Saturday and Sunday route information via komoot (GPX download available)
- komoot region bundle pack
- 1 x welcome beer or non-alcoholic drink
- Brother in the Wild event patch
- Welcome goodies from partner brands
- 2021 ‘Brother in the Wild’ t-shirt – £10 with ticket purchase
Tickets are no longer available.