Hosted by: Wildhood
Location: Eifel, German/Belgian Border
Date: October 16th & 17th 2021
The Brother Cycles bikepacking, gravel grinding, adventure seeking event series – Brother in the Wild – now travels around the globe on the ‘komoot World Tour’ collaborating with rad people and bike shops along the way!
In October of 2021 we’ll be heading to Eifel in North West Germany near the Belgian border for a collaboration with Wildhood – a cycle club that specialise in creating outdoor experiences for those that love to explore, get lost in nature and take their bikes well off the beaten track. The event will consist of a two day ride and campout in the infamous Hürtgen Forest, an area known for its stunning natural beauty, remote woodland trails and intriguing history – those with a sharp eye will discover the remains of WW2 bunkers, trenches and foxholes along the route.
The guys at Wildhood have created some fantastic gravel/off-road routes for riders to enjoy on both Saturday and Sunday – ranging from a chilled 60km ramble up to a 170km beast for those that want a real challenge! All routes will weave in and out of the forest on a perfectly curated mix of gravel roads, forest trails and single track.
On Saturday evening riders can expect hot showers, campfires and a selection of good food and drink back in camp before settling down to a well earned sleep under the stars.
We’re happy to welcome komoot onboard as our navigational partner for all Brother in the Wild events. All route information will be shared via komoot which can be used for turn-by-turn navigation even when you’re offline.
Tickets will cost €80 and include the following:
- Event pack including welcome card and stickers – please note: your event pack will be sent to the address given at checkout, email us if you’d like us to send this to an alternative address
- Brother in the Wild wooden Dangle Disc – hang this off your bike or a bag to show you’re a ticket holder!
- Wildhood Special edition embroidered patch
- 2 nights camping in Kleinhau
- Dinner Saturday night and breakfast Sunday morning – vegan/vegetarian options available
- Route information via the komoot app – GPX download available
- komoot region bundle pack
Route Info and Kit Requirements:
- 170km / 100km / 60km route options available over the weekend
- The routes are mostly off-road – we therefore recommend using a bike with 40mm tyres or larger
- Some sections are particularly rough, so depending on your bike and ability you may have to hike-a-bike these parts.
- The routes do not pass any bike shops so make sure you pack adequate tools and spares to be self sufficient whilst riding
- The rides are not guided – you must therefore be able to navigate yourself using the komoot app or a gps device
- Most importantly this is a social ride and not a race, so take your time and enjoy the views
Covid-19 Policy: the safety of our guests and staff is our priority above all else. As such we will be monitoring the local situation and guidelines regarding Coronavirus ahead of each Brother in the Wild event and will only go ahead should we deem it safe and responsible to do so. Any changes to the event will be communicated in a clear and timely manner directly to ticket holders – please get in contact should you have any questions.