Hosted by: Epic Cycles
Location: Shropshire, United Kingdom
Date: August 21st & 22nd 2021
Please note this event is now sold out – sorry if you missed out on tickets! Hopefully see you at another event soon.
The Brother Cycles bikepacking, gravel grinding, adventure seeking event series – Brother in the Wild – now travels around the globe on the ‘komoot World Tour’ collaborating with rad people and bike shops along the way!
In August we’ll be heading to the beautiful historic town of Ludlow in Shropshire, a stone’s throw from the Welsh border. Here we’ll be collaborating with the guys at Epic Cycles on what promises to be a truly memorable 2 day ride and campout – full of gravel tracks, rolling hills and dramatic forests.
For the weekend Epic Cycles have curated 2 routes that show off the best riding this area has to offer. On the Saturday a 55km route will take riders out of town into the surrounding Clee Hill Range to tackle some gravel trails and single track. The hills provide some challenging climbs with the reward of some stunning views from up top towards the rural landscape of Wales, stretching as far as Snowdonia and the Brecon Beacons. Day two will be a longer 75km route taking in some quiet country lanes – however there’s still plenty of rough stuff as you head across the iconic Wenlock Edge and Long Mynd moorland plateau.
On both days the routes will go via a number of highlights ensuring you enjoy your time off the bike as much as on – these include cafes for re-fuelling, wild swim spots to cool off in and some fantastic pubs for a well earned drink on-route.
On Saturday night we will provide accommodation at a stunning campsite on the edge of Mortimer Forest, perfectly located just outside of Ludlow which is full of shops, cafes and pubs. Riders will be welcomed back to camp with a drink around the campfire – food is not included so you can either cook something up in camp or drop into Ludlow for some grub.
We’re happy to welcome komoot onboard as our navigational partner for all Brother in the Wild events. All route information will be shared via komoot which can be used for turn-by-turn navigation even when you’re offline.
Tickets will cost £30 and include the following:
- Event pack including welcome card and stickers – please note: your event pack will be sent to the address given at checkout, email us if you’d like us to send this to an alternative address
- Brother in the Wild wooden Dangle Disc – hang this off your bike or a bag to show you’re a ticket holder!
- One night’s camping
- Route information via the komoot app – GPX download available
- komoot region bundle pack
Route Info and Kit Requirements:
- The routes are 55km and 75km long so a moderate level of fitness is required
- The route is a mix of tarmac and off-road – we therefore recommend using a bike with 40mm tyres or larger
- We will bring a full set of tools however please make sure you’re self sufficient and pack your own tools and spares
- Please bring full camping kit for Saturday night – the campsite has running water and toilets
- You will need to be totally self sufficient – there are plenty of shops and cafes in Ludlow to buy supplies
- The rides are not guided – therefore pLease make sure you are able to navigate yourself using either the komoot app or a gps device
- Most importantly this is a social ride and not a race, so take your time and enjoy the views
Covid-19 Policy: the safety of our guests and staff is our priority above all else. As such we will be monitoring the local situation and guidelines regarding Coronavirus ahead of each Brother in the Wild event and will only go ahead should we deem it safe and responsible to do so. Any changes to the event will be communicated in a clear and timely manner directly to ticket holders – please get in contact should you have any questions.