Hosted by: Suicycle Store
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Date: August 28th 2021
The Brother Cycles bikepacking, gravel grinding, adventure seeking event series – Brother in the Wild – now travels around the globe on the ‘komoot World Tour’ collaborating with rad people and bike shops along the way!
In August we’ll be partnering with the good guys at Suicycle in Hamburg on an epic one day gravel ride starting and finishing at their shop in the heart of the city. The team at Suicycle have curated a perfect 130km loop (shortcut available!) showcasing the incredibly varied riding that this region has to offer – it’ll be a day in the city, woods, heath and on sand.
The day will start with coffee and pastry at the Suicycle Store in the St Pauli region of Hamburg – to fuel you for the ride, meet other riders and make any final adjustments to your bike. You’ll start by riding south through the port and into the technical hills of the Harburg region. From here on you leave the city behind as you head into the Lueneberg Heath and into a sprawling area of woodland with a great selection of forest tracks and trails.
Around the halfway point the track leads to a lake where everyone can enjoy a well earned rest – some food will be prepared for everyone and those that want to can cool off with a jump in the water. Following this the route joins the Elbe River where you’ll follow the scenic riverside back into the city before enjoying a well earned beer!
The current plan is to continue the night with more food and drink at the Suicycle Store following the ride however we need to assess the Covid-19 situation nearer the time before confirming this.
We’re happy to welcome komoot onboard as our navigational partner for all Brother in the Wild events. All route information will be shared via komoot which can be used for turn-by-turn navigation even when you’re offline.
Tickets will cost €15 and include the following:
- Event pack including welcome card and stickers
- Brother in the Wild wooden Dangle Disc – hang this off your bike or a bag to show you’re a ticket holder!
- Coffee and pastry at the start of the ride
- Route information via the komoot app – GPX download available
- komoot region bundle pack
Route Info and Kit Requirements:
- The route is 130km long – there will be a shortcut version available
- The routes are mostly off-road with some technical sections – we therefore recommend using a bike with 40mm tyres or larger
- The routes do not pass any bike shops so make sure you pack adequate tools and spares to be self sufficient whilst riding – you can pickup last minute supplies at the shop
- The rides are not guided – you or someone in your group must therefore be able to navigate using the komoot app or a gps device
- Most importantly this is a social ride and not a race, so take your time and enjoy the views
Covid-19 Policy: the safety of our guests and staff is our priority above all else. As such we will be monitoring the local situation and guidelines regarding Coronavirus ahead of each Brother in the Wild event and will only go ahead should we deem it safe and responsible to do so. Any changes to the event will be communicated in a clear and timely manner directly to ticket holders – please get in contact should you have any questions.