Hosted by: Bicycle Junction
Location: Wellington, New Zealand
Date: Sunday 18th April 2021
The Brother Cycles gravel grinding, adventure seeking, bikepacking event series – Brother in the Wild – now travels around the globe on the ‘komoot World Tour’ collaborating with amazing people and bike shops along the way.
The first in the 2021 series takes us to New Zealand where we’re collaborating with the good guys at Bicycle Junction – Wellington’s friendly neighbourhood bikery – on a one day gravel ride! The day starts by riders taking a private ferry across Wellington harbour before tackling a 48km gravel route through the beautiful Hutt Valley. The route takes in the areas best singletrack, fire roads, flowy climbs and chunky gravel descents that the area has to offer.
As with all Brother in the Wild events this ride will focus as much on enjoying time off the bike as on – as such the guys from Bicycle Junction have arranged for a few good stops along the way with plenty of food, snacks and drinks. The ride will finish with a cruise along the Hutt River Trail before finishing back at Days Bay where everyone can hang out and have a swim before catching the ferry back.
We’re happy to welcome komoot onboard as our navigational partner for all Brother in the Wild events. All route information will be shared via komoot which can be used for turn-by-turn navigation even when you’re offline.
Tickets will cost $25 and include the following:
- Event pack including welcome card and stickers
- Brother in the Wild wooden Dangle Disc – hang this off your bike or a bag to show you’re a ticket holder!
- Return ferry journey from Queens Wharf to Days Bay
- Lunch out on the trail
- Route information via the komoot app – GPX download available
- komoot region bundle pack
Route Info and Kit Requirements:
- The route is 48km long so a moderate level of fitness is required
- The route is mostly off-road – we therefore recommend using a bike with 40mm tyres or larger
- We will bring a full set of tools however please make sure you’re self sufficient and pack your own tools and spares
- Please make sure you are able to navigate yourself using either the komoot app or a gps device
- Most importantly this is a social ride and not a race, so take your time and enjoy the views
Covid-19 Policy: the safety of our guests and staff is our priority above all else. As such we will be monitoring the local situation and guidelines regarding Coronavirus ahead of each Brother in the Wild event and will only go ahead should we deem it safe and responsible to do so. Any changes to the event will be communicated in a clear and timely manner directly to ticket holders – please get in contact should you have any questions.