Location: Brother HQ – Kent, UK
Start: 9am – Saturday 23rd October 2021
Distance: Approximately 70 miles / 112km
Tickets are now on sale for the Big ‘Un – a new event from Brother Cycles! A challenging 70 mile/112km gravel ride starting and finishing at Brother HQ in Kent with coffee at the start, food and drinks at the finish and a place to camp-out at the end of the day should you want.
Scroll to bottom of page to get your tickets now!
The route, created through many hours of lockdown exploring, will lead you up and over the stunning North Downs as you’re treated to some of the areas finest bridleways, byways, forest tracks and country lanes. This will be a challenging one day ride so don’t underestimate it, especially if the weather’s been bad! However, it’s well worth the effort as you get to enjoy some of our favourite local trails and some well earned coffee, food and pub stops along the way.
The event will start and finish at Brother HQ, based on a farm on the outskirts of Faversham in Kent, a one hour train journey from London. Riders will meet for a coffee and pastry in a large tractor barn on the farm before heading out on their ride – the route will then finish back at the barn where a pizza truck will be serving up a selection of fresh sourdough pizzas and we’ll be offering some drinks from a local brewery.
Still need convincing? Have a read of this great write up on Advntr.cc from a recce ride we did of the route last year HERE
- Check-in opens at 8am on Saturday 23rd October at Brother HQ
- Ticket holders will be given the exact location nearer the event date – Faversham train station is a 5 minute ride away
- Riders will set off at 9am – we will stagger departures to avoid congestion on the trails
- The route is approximately 70 miles / 112km long
- The route is mostly off-road – we therefore recommend using a gravel bike with 38mm tyres or larger
- Some sections are particularly rough, so depending on your bike and ability you may have to hike-a-bike these parts.
- The route can get particularly muddy if we’ve experienced a lot of rain – please keep an eye on the weather and keep this in mind when planning your bike setup and kit
- A good set of lights – you might be finishing in the dark depending on your speed!
- The route does not pass many bike shops so make sure you pack adequate tools and spares to be self sufficient for the whole day
- Most importantly this is a social ride, not a race, which takes place on public roads and trails. Please be aware and respectful of members of the public whilst out on the route
- Welcome pack including event patch and stickers
- 1 x coffee and pastry at start included with ticket thanks to Gills Cafe
- Mia Papas Kitchen will welcome everyone back to Brother HQ with fresh baked pizza – 1 x pizza included with ticket price with more available to buy on site for those with a big appettite!
- Local brewed beer and ale will be available to buy on-site after the ride – not included in ticket price
- 1 x night’s camping available at Brother HQ on Saturday
- Drinking water and toilets are available in camp
- We encourage guests to travel to the event by bike, however there is parking at Brother HQ for those that wish to drive
Please note: refunds are available up to and no later than 30 days before the start of the event. We will accept ticket transfers up to 14 days before the event.