Location: Dorset, UK
Start: 5pm Friday 13th May 2022
Finish: Approx. 5pm Sunday 15th May 2022
This event has now completely sold out – we’re sorry if you missed out on tickets! Please email us at email@example.com if you want to be added to the waiting list
We’re excited to announce that our 2 day bikepacking, gravel grinding, adventure seeking festival – Brother in the Wild – will return to Dorset in 2022.
The event will take place on the Isle of Purbeck, a peninsula in Dorset filled with pine forests, dramatic coastal cliffs, beaches and endless gravel tracks. Riders will set up camp in the heart of a nature reserve and spend two days riding the gravel trails, country lanes and single track that link up across the region. The routes, ranging from 30 to 60 miles, will dip in and out of local towns with a number of pubs, cafes and wild swim spots along the way.
As with previous years this event is as much about time off the bike as on; so you can expect campfires, hay bails and delicious local food and drink back in camp. With demo-bikes, music, inspiring fireside talks and even a couple of film screenings to keep you entertained throughout the weekend.
To get a better idea of what Brother in the Wild is all about have a read of the 2021 event event recap that went up on bikepacking.com >> Brother in the Wild: An Event For All <<
Routes & Kit:
- The Saturday and Sunday routes will be between 30 and 50 miles each
- Riders can also attempt the ‘Woods WTF Route’ – a seriously challenging 60 mile ride
- The routes are mostly off-road – we therefore recommend using a bike with 38mm tyres or larger
- Some sections are particularly rough, so depending on your bike and ability you may have to hike-a-bike these parts.
- The routes do not pass any bike shops so make sure you pack adequate tools and spares to be self sufficient whilst riding
- Most importantly this is a social ride and not a race, so ride as much or as little of the routes as you want
- Ticket holders will be given the exact location nearer the event date – nearest train station is Wareham
- Bring full camping kit as if you were out in the wild
- Drinking water, toilets and hot showers are available in camp
- Hot food and refreshments available from Friday night to Sunday morning – not included in ticket price
- We encourage guests to travel to the event by bike, however there is limited parking at the campsite available on a first come first served basis
- There are a limited number of campervan tickets available below – please note all guests staying in a campervan must also purchase their own event ticket
Included with your ticket:
- 2 nights camping – the campsite opens at 5pm on Friday 13th May
- Saturday and Sunday route information via komoot (GPX download available)
- komoot region bundle pack
- 1 x welcome beer or non-alcoholic drink
- Brother in the Wild dangle disc and event stickers
- Welcome goodies from partner brands
- 2022 ‘Brother in the Wild’ t-shirt – £10 with ticket purchase
Please note: refunds are available up to and no later than 30 days before the start of the event. We will accept ticket transfers up to 14 days before the event.