Location: Munich, Germany
Start: 9am Saturday 25th June 2022
Finish: Approx. 5pm Sunday 26th June 2022
Launch Party: 6pm Friday 24th June 2022 @ Guten Biken, Munich
After a two year hiatus due to Coronavirus we’re very excited to bring our bikepacking event ‘Brother in the Wild’ back to Munich this Summer – in collaboration with the good guys at Guten Biken who have curated entirely new routes for this amazing weekend!
The event will be a 2 day ride and campout starting and finishing at the Guten Biken shop in Munich’s historic city centre. On the first day participants will head south on a network of paths and trails that lead out of the city. The route is either 70km or 100k long depending on which option you choose – both provide a great variety of both single-track and gravel roads winding their way through scenic upper Bavaria; all the time with a stunning mountain backdrop as you approach the Alps.
Along the way you will pass a number of shops and restaurants to stop for food and drinks. And, of course, you’ll have a number of opportunities to cool off with a swim as the route passes plenty of lakes along the way. The ride will finish a stone’s throw from the Alps where the group will set up camp for a night under the stars. We will provide the following in camp:
– A bar serving soft drinks and beer from the fantastic Tilmans Biere craft beer house
– A BBQ cooked dinner with meat and vegan options
– Campfires and good vibes until late into the night
– Buffet continental breakfast Sunday morning
On the second day participants will embark on another stunning ride – the route is either 50km or 100km and will include some fantastic gravel trails, single-track, rivers, lakes and of course some Bavarian beer houses before eventually taking riders back into the heart of Munich.
Still not convinced!? Check out this event recap that went up on bikepacking.com after the last event HERE
Tickets cost €50 per person and include the following:
– Brother in the Wild wooden Dangle Disc – hang this off your bike to show you’re a ticket holder!
– Brother in the Wild event patch
– 1 night’s camping in private camping field
– Welcome drink at the campsite
– BBQ dinner Saturday night – vegan option available
– Buffet breakfast Sunday morning
– Route information via the komoot app – GPX download available
– Free komoot region bundle pack
We will also host a laid-back launch party at the Guten Biken shop on the Friday night of the event – come and make some final adjustments to your bike, have a drink and meet some fellow riders before the ride.
Please note: this is not a guided ride, guests are expected to be self-sufficient and therefore able to navigate themselves with a suitable gps app or device. The 2G Covid rule applies to all participants which means they can either show that they are fully vaccinated or have recovered from Covid-19.