Hosted by: Epic Cycles
Location: Shropshire, United Kingdom
Date: September 2nd to 4th 2022
Sorry but this event has now sold out! If you would like to be added to the waiting list if any spaces should become available please email firstname.lastname@example.org
After the success of last year’s inaugural edition of the event we’re super excited to bring Brother in the Wild back to Shropshire in 2022 !
Once again we’ll be based in our stunning campsite on the edge of the Mortimer Forest with views over the historic town of Ludlow, a stone’s throw from the Welsh border. Here we’ll be collaborating with the fine folk at Epic Cycles on a truly memorable 2 day ride and campout – full of gravel tracks, rolling hills and dramatic forests. We’ll have an all new route for 2022 and also some extra provisions at basecamp like fresh woodfired pizzas and a coffee truck for the morning.
For the weekend Epic Cycles have curated 2 routes that show off the best riding the Shropshire Hills have to offer. On the Saturday an 85km route will take riders out of town into the surrounding Clee Hill Range to tackle some gravel trails and single-track – including the famous Minton Batch mtb trail. The challenging climbs are rewarded with some stunning views towards the rural landscape of Wales, stretching as far as Snowdonia and the Brecon Beacons. Day two will be an entirely new route for 2022 – heading south through Mortimer Forest, a 60km route that follows a network of winding tracks through lush pine woodlands, passing turquoise blue lakes and impressive stately homes as you go.
Time off the bike is just as important as on – as such the routes include cafes for re-fuelling, wild swim spots to cool off in and some fantastic pubs for a well earned drink on-route.
Our basecamp is a stunning site on the edge of Mortimer Forest, perfectly located just outside of Ludlow which is full of shops, cafes and pubs. On Saturday night riders will be welcomed back to camp with drinks and a fresh cooked woodfired pizza to enjoy whilst sitting around the campfire.
Tickets will cost £60 and include the following:
- Brother in the Wild wooden Dangle Disc – hang this off your bike to show you’re a ticket holder!
- Brother in the Wild event patch
- 2 night’s camping in private camping field
- Woodfired pizza Saturday night – vegan/gluten free options available
- Route information via the komoot app – GPX download available
- Free komoot region bundle pack
- 2022 ‘Brother in the Wild’ t-shirt – £10 with ticket purchase
Route Info and Kit Requirements:
- The routes are 85km and 60km long so a moderate level of fitness is required
- There is a 50km shortcut available for the Saturday route
- The route is a mix of tarmac and off-road – we therefore recommend using a bike with at least 40mm tyres
- Please make sure you’re completely self sufficient and bring your own tools and spares
- Please bring full camping kit for Friday and Saturday night – the campsite has running water, toilets and hot showers
- The rides are not guided – please make sure you are able to navigate yourself using either the komoot app or a gps device
- Most importantly this is a social ride and not a race, so take your time and enjoy the views