Location: Brother HQ – Kent, UK
Start: 9am – Saturday 21st October 2023
Distance: Big ‘Un 115km / Bigger ‘Un 140km +
We’re super excited to announce that the Big ‘Un is back for 2023! A challenging one-day gravel ride starting and finishing at Brother HQ – with coffee at the start, food and drinks at the finish and a place to camp-out for the weekend should you want. The original route is 115km with an even bigger route of over 140km for those that feel up to it!
New for 2023: we’re working on a 50km party pit-stop – think hot drinks (if it’s cold), cold drinks (if it’s hot), snacks, music and mechanical or emotional assistance for those that need it! Details still being finalised, more info coming soon…
The route, created through many hours of lockdown exploring, will lead you up and over the stunning North Downs as you’re treated to some of the areas finest bridleways, byways, forest tracks and country lanes. This will be a challenging one day ride so don’t underestimate it, especially if the weather’s been bad! However, it’s well worth the effort as you get to enjoy some of our favourite local trails and some well earned coffee, food and pub stops along the way.
The event will start and finish at Brother HQ, based on a farm on the outskirts of Faversham in Kent, a one hour train journey from London. Riders will meet for a coffee and pastry in a large tractor barn on the farm before heading out on their ride – the route will then finish back at the barn where a street-food truck will be serving freshly cooked burritos and we’ll be offering some drinks from the local Mad Cat brewery.
Still need convincing? Check out this great write up of the event on Bikepacking.com > HERE <
- Check-in opens at 8am on Saturday 21st October at Brother HQ
- Ticket holders will be given the exact location nearer the event date – Faversham train station is a 5 minute ride away
- Riders will set off at 9am – we will stagger departures to avoid congestion on the trails
- The route is mostly off-road – we therefore recommend using a gravel bike with 38mm tyres or larger
- Some sections are particularly rough, so depending on your bike and ability you may have to hike-a-bike these parts.
- A good set of lights – you might be finishing in the dark depending on your speed!
- The route does not pass many bike shops so make sure you pack adequate tools and spares to be self sufficient for the whole day
- Most importantly this is a social ride, not a race, which takes place on public roads and trails. Please be aware and respectful of members of the public whilst out on the route
- Welcome pack including event patch and stickers
- 1 x coffee and pastry at start included with ticket thanks to Gills Cafe
- 1 x burrito after the ride (meat, vegetarian and vegan) with more available to buy on site for those with a big appetite!
- Local brewed beer and ale will be available to buy on-site after the ride – not included in ticket price
- 2 x night’s camping available at Brother HQ on Friday and Saturday for those that need it
- We encourage guests to travel to the event by bike, however there is parking at Brother HQ for those that wish to drive
Please note: refunds are available up to and no later than 30 days before the start of the event. We will accept ticket transfers up to 14 days before the event.